1. Laws and Regulations Relating to Rabies: Excerpts from the California Health and Safety Code and the California Code of Regulations
2. California Compendium of Rabies Control and Prevention
3. California Department of Public Health website, page on Rabies with links to other resources:
1. Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control, 2016. National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians, Inc. JAVMA March 1, 2016. Vol 248. No 5, pp.
505-517. Available online at:
2. Rabies: a neglected zoonotic disease. World Health Organization. 2013.
Available at:http://www.who.int/rabies/en/ (accessed: February 2013).
3. Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control, 2011. National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians, Inc. Released May 31, 2011.
Available at: http://www.nasphv.org/Documents/RabiesCompendium.pdf (accessed: February 2013).
4. Wasik B and Murphy M. RABID A Cultural History of the World’s Most Diabolical Virus. Viking (Penguin Group), New York, 2012.
5. The Rabies Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University.
Available at: http://www.ksvdl.org/rabies-laboratory/ (accessed: February 2013).
6. Greene CE. Rabies and other Lyssavirus infections. Chapt 20 in CE Greene (ed): Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. 4th Ed. Elsevier-Saunders, St. Louis, 2012, pp. 179-197.